The Bastl SoftPop II is a powerful and compact subtractive synthesizer that builds upon the success of the original SP1 unit. It combines both analog and digital elements to provide a versatile sound design experience.
- Analog modular subtractive architecture for a rich and warm sound
- Complex digital sequencer with 8 steps and pattern chaining
- Triangle core VCO with PWM input and pulse/triangle outputs
- State variable resonant filter with lowpass, bandpass, and highpass modes
- Temporary FX section for advanced sound shaping
- Portable design with USB power
- 37 Eurorack-compatible patch points
- An onboard light show for inspiration
The analog architecture provides the sought-after grit and warmth that is unique to analog synthesizers. You can create everything from arpeggiated melodies to soaring leads and basslines, and even modulated overdrive, auto-wah, resonant distortion, and more. The digital sequencer allows you to create patterns and rhythms with eight steps, eight performance FX, and eight playback modes. You can also extend your loops and sequences by using patterns that can be played in different orders.
The triangle core oscillator boasts automatic digital tuning and a flexible attack-decay cycling with control inputs, while the state variable resonant filter allows you to shape your tones further. The “Pop” control adds an extra punch to your sound for subtle distorted timbres.
Connectivity and Portability
The SoftPop II is portable and easy to use, thanks to its compact design and USB power. It is jam-packed with connections, featuring 37 patch points that can also be used with Eurorack gear. The XY crossfader utility section and 4-way multiple allow for advanced patching capabilities, and the synth also features an analog sync input and MIDI input for syncing and musical control.
In the Box
The package includes the SoftPop SP2, a quickstart guide, 5 patch cables, a micro USB cable (excluding power supply), rubber feet, and a sticker.