The Sequential Prophet 10 – A Synth for the Serious Musician
The Sequential Prophet 10 is the ultimate synthesizer for musicians who are serious about their sound. Described by its creator, Dave Smith, as “the best of all Prophets”, this hybrid synth is the combination of the best aspects of the Rev1, Rev2, and Rev3 editions of the Prophet 5.
With premium quality Curtis analog VCOs and filters, as well as all-new 2140 low-pass filters, the Prophet 10 delivers nothing short of excellence in sound. The included “Rev switch” allows you to alternate between two unique filter designs for even more tonal options.
The “Perfect Imperfection”
Sequential went to great lengths to source original hardware components for the Prophet 10, and to recreate its iconic, organic tone. The all-new “vintage knob” allows you to dial in the “perfect” amount of “imperfection” by adjusting the subtle fluctuations and response times between each VCO, filter, envelope, and amplifier. With 200 factory presets and an additional 200 user-defined programs, the Prophet 10 delivers an almost infinite number of tones right out of the box.
A Modern Take on a Classic
While the Prophet 10 is designed to be as accurate and faithful to the original as possible, it also includes a handful of contemporary developments to enhance your expression when performing. The addition of velocity sensitivity and aftertouch allows for greater control over filter sweeps, LFOs, and amplitude changes. The Prophet 10 is also incredibly easy to play and program, with immediate sound-shaping possibilities available right from the front panel.
Versatile and Connected
The Prophet 10’s wide range of controls and connectivity options provide limitless possibilities for your sound. With five full octaves and 61 semi-weighted Fatar keys, you have the scope for musical exploration. The durable build ensures that the Prophet 10 is just as comfortable on the road as it is in the studio.
Key Features and Specifications
- Authentic CEM 3340 VCOs
- Simultaneously engage three wave forms for a wide range of tones
- Five full octaves and 61 semi-weighted Fatar keys
- 200 factory presets and 200 user-defined presets
- Includes Poly Mod for added modulation options
- Easy to program with immediate sound-shaping possibilities from the front panel
- Versatile and durable for both studio and live use
- Oscillators: Two authentic CEM 3340 VCOs per voice with selectable wave shapes (sawtooth, pulse, triangle)
- Mixer: Oscillator 1 and 2 amounts, white noise amount
- Low-pass filter: Four-pole, resonant, low-pass filter per voice with switchable authentic versions of the Prophet-5 Rev1/2 filter and Prophet-5 Rev3 filter
- Filter envelope: Four-stage (ADSR) envelope generator with velocity modulation of envelope amount
- Amplifier envelope: Four-stage (ADSR) envelope generator with velocity modulation of envelope amount
- Low frequency oscillator: Three wave shapes (sawtooth, triangle, square)
There are no reviews yet.