The Waldorf Iridium Synthesizer Keyboard is a 49-key, semi-weighted polyphonic aftertouch keyboard. It is a digital synthesizer that builds on the success of its desktop counterpart, the Iridium, with new features and improvements including six freely-programmable macro controls.
The Iridium is a powerful and versatile synthesizer that is perfect for sound designers and musicians. It features a 16-voice polyphony, with a trilogy of oscillators that can be used for a variety of modes. The synth has a built-in arpeggiator, 6 envelopes, and 6 LFOs. You can also combine LFOs and envelopes using the Komplex Modulator for unique results. Modulation is easy with three stereo filters per voice with a wide range of modes.
Expanded Front Panel Controls
This keyboard version of the Iridium has an expanded front panel, including one-knob controls for a fluid workflow. The six freely-programmable Macro buttons can be used to define a wide range of functions from the onboard tools and performance controls. You can also load sounds directly from the Quantum synthesizer.
Advanced Polyphonic Keyboard
At the heart of the Iridium Keyboard is a 49-key FATAR TP/8SK semi-weighted polyphonic aftertouch keyboard. The advanced polyphonic aftertouch technology is what sets this keyboard apart from others. Unlike conventional synth keyboards, the Iridium’s aftertouch is transmitted individually for each note played, creating individual data streams for advanced modulation.
Compatibility with Quantum Synth Engine
The Iridium is compatible with the same sound engine used within the Waldorf Quantum synthesizer, providing you with infinite possibilities in sound production. The engine features eight voices with speech and spectrum functionality, allowing you to play several notes simultaneously for added depth and character.
- 49-key Fatar touch-sensitive polyphonic keyboard with aftertouch
- Advanced polyphonic aftertouch
- Expanded front panel controls
- Six freely-assignable macro buttons
- Five different synth modes for each of the three oscillators
- Over 100 factory sounds
- Arpeggiator and step sequencer
- 16-voice polyphony, duo-timbral
- Compatible with the Waldorf Quantum synth engine
- 12 or 24dB and Lowpass/Highpass/Bandpass filters with optional saturation or dirtiness
- Various filter models including those from Waldorf Nave, Largo and PPG 3V
- Dual Filter section with independent or combined control
- Digital Former with different filter types and models
- Large colour touch screen
- Komplex Modulator curves can be drawn with your finger
- Synthesizer: 16-voice polyphony, duo-timbral
- Oscillators: 3 Oscillators
- Oscillator Modes: Wavetable, Waveform (VA), Particle (Sampling and Granular Sampling), Resonator Kernels
- Filter Types: 12 or 24dB and Lowpass/Highpass/Bandpass with optional saturation or dirtiness
- Filter Models: Waldorf Nave, Largo, PPG 3V, Comb, Drive, Bitcrusher and more.