The DATO Duo is an innovative and intuitive synthesizer designed for tactile interaction and collaboration. With a simple layout and playfully labeled controls, it is easy for beginners of all ages to get involved with creating and playing fun music.
The design of the DATO Duo is entirely focused on tactile interaction. Its simple layout offers plenty of controls for you to get really involved with, including a train tunnel for the delay, a mouse and an elephant for amplification, and a slide for glide. With two separate sides handling two different sound creation disciplines, the Duo features both a sound creation side and a sequencing side.
One side of the Duo is a synthesizer, the other is a sequencer. Giving half of the controls over to a partner is a great way to create and collaborate. This unique form of performance requires a slight reliance on each other’s creative outlook. However, differences in what you both think sounds good can result in very unique forms of music.
The synthesizer features a wide range of timbres, from gritty sounds to soft tones, a true mono beast. Control elements like the wave shape, the release time, and the frequency. Play with effects like bitcrusher or accenting. You can even add simple beats with the pads on the front.
The eight-note sequencer gives you enough scope to create amazing melodies. Compose these melodies with the easy to use and tactile keys on the front. Use the randomize function to create new sequences instantly. And speed and pitch up and down.
The DATO Duo is built to expand with you as your skills improve. You can introduce new elements like external effects, drum pads, and even your modular synthesizer setup. Throw a distortion pedal into the mix to add an abrasive twist. Add a drum machine to give you a pounding beat. With MIDI in and out, SYNC in and out, and a 3.5mm headphone/line out; there’s nothing the Duo can’t handle.
- Monophonic synthesizer
- Eight step sequencer
- Wide range of connection options
- Ten note keyboard
- Randomise function for the sequencer
- Very intuitive layout
- Synthesizer: 2 oscillators:1 pulse (variable width) and 1 sawtooth
- Digital low pass filter with resonance
- Amp envelope (note length and release time)
- Sample rate reduction
- Noise-based percussion synthesizer
- Sequencer: 8-step circular sequencer
- Pentatonic keyboard. Two octaves.
- Inputs and outputs: Audio out capable of driving headphones, Sync input and output, compatible with Korg Volca, Teenage Engineering Pocket Operators, MIDI IN and MIDI OUT on full-size DIN connectors, Internal speaker, Micro USB for power and firmware update. 5V, 2A max
- Physical: Weight: 2kg, Dimensions: 23 x 19 x 9 cm, Power: 5V DC (micro USB)
- Other: Built-in speaker
In summary, the DATO Duo is an innovative and intuitive synthesizer designed for tactile interaction and collaboration, with a simple layout and playfully labeled controls that make it easy for beginners of all ages to get involved with creating and playing fun music. It offers a wide range of timbres, an eight-note sequencer and it’s expandable with external effects and drum pads.