Korg RK100S2 Keytar, Black
The Korg RK100S2 Keytar is a modern rework of the Korg Remote Keyboard (RK) series, first appearing in 1984. The keytar is a 37-note keyboard built into a stylish body that allows you to play and perform on stage with ease. With its solid build, smooth playability and cutting-edge sounds, the Korg RK100S2 is the perfect choice for keyboardists who want to take their performance to the next level.
- 37-note slimline keyboard for easy playability
- Two integrated ribbon controllers for added expression
- Over 200 stage-ready presets with cutting-edge sounds
- Battery-powered for up to 8 hours of use
- Integrated vocoder for incorporating a microphone into your setup
- Soft case and strap included for performing
Presets and Functions
The RK100S2 is equipped with over 200 presets that cover solos, chords, pads, leads and bass. The 8 favourite buttons near the bottom of the keytar allow you to select and save your favourite presets quickly. The arpeggiator provides a wide range of patterns for variation. The two ribbon controllers are useful for adding effect to your keys. The long ribbon has pitch bend and filter options, while the short ribbon acts as pitch bend and modulation. A tap tempo is also available.
Design and Build
The Korg RK100S2 is built from a luxury natural wood, usually found in high-end guitars, and the clear finish showcases the beautiful wood grain. The ergonomic shape of the keytar fits comfortably in your hands and it weighs just 3.15 kg with batteries fitted. The lightweight build plus helpful carrying accessories such as the included strap and carry case make the RK100S2 a portable and wieldy instrument.
- Power Supply: Six AA batteries (alkaline or nickel-Metal hydride), or Optional AC adapter (DC 9 V)
- Battery Life: Approx. 8 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 838 x 263 x 72 mm/ 32.99″ x 10.35″ x 2.87″
- Weight: 3.15 kg/ 6.94 lbs. (included batteries)
- Soft Case
- AA alkaline battery x6 (for verifying operation)
There are no reviews yet.