Introducing the Yamaha YC73 Digital Stage Keyboard with Drawbars – a modern stage piano with vintage qualities. This keyboard combines authentic performance with high-quality organ and piano modeling for the stage, providing performers with the ultimate instrument for demanding organ and keyboard players.
Authentic Drawbar Mechanics and Ultimate Portability
The Yamaha YC73 digital stage piano with drawbars is Yamaha’s first keyboard with drawbars, meticulously emulating the unique circuitry and playing feel of popular drawbar controls. The YC73 design features nine drawbars, allowing for exciting performances that utilize VCM technology to achieve authentic sounds. Flexible in application and performance, the YC73 is perfect for keyboard players looking for an instrument to match their potential.
VCM Technology for Authentic Organ Sounds
In order to achieve authentic organ sounds, a sound engine was designed specifically for the YC73. Based on proprietary Virtual Circuitry Modelling technology, the YC73 replicates the behaviour of transistors and resistors in tonewheel and drawbar circuits. This attention to detail results in authentic organ sounds including rotary speakers and vintage effects. Every detail of the organ sounds can be edited, providing a huge scope for sound creation.
A True Organ Feel
The drawbars have also been carefully created for the YC73 to provide haptic feedback. This means the drawbars respond to movements with analog drawbar feel. Thanks to the technology, the YC73 is also capable of providing visual feedback through LED indicators independent of the drawbars position. This ensures the artist has a visual indication of both drawbar position and the currently active setup of the YC73.
Not Just an Organ
The YC73 has been packed with various features optimized for organ sounds. However, thanks to the VCM technology, the YC73 is able also to offer a range of authentic piano and synthesizer sounds. Right from purchase, the YC73 features two premium Yamaha concert grand piano settings. A whole host of electric pianos in the tradition of classic FM synthesis enhances the instrument’s capabilities even more, ensuring the YC73 is the only live keyboard you’ll need.
Designed for the Stage
The authenticity of the sounds achieved with the YC73 mean that they will find a place of studio recordings. Despite this, the YC73 has been designed with live performance at the forefront of decision making. The controls of the YC73 avoid complex menus in favour of easy access parameters that allow for quick switching and editing. All this is achieved in a lightweight design, ensuring performers on the road are able to carry the instrument on their own. It also comes complete with a FC3A foot pedal for added expression.
- Authentic Drawbar Mechanics: The Yamaha YC73 features nine drawbars, which provide haptic feedback to the performer, and respond to movements with analog drawbar feel. This feature helps to achieve truly authentic organ sounds and provides the artist with a visual indication of both drawbar position and the currently active setup of the YC73, thanks to the LED indicators.
- VCM Technology: The YC73 utilizes Virtual Circuitry Modelling technology to achieve authentic sounds, including rotary speakers and vintage effects. The sound engine is based on proprietary technology that replicates the behavior of transistors and resistors in tonewheel and drawbar circuits, resulting in a collection of truly authentic organ sounds that can be edited in great detail. The YC73 is also able to offer a range of authentic piano and synthesizer sounds.
- BHS Keyboard: The YC73 features a newly designed, 73-key BHS (Balanced Hammer Standard) keyboard with matte black keytops, providing a traditional touch that falls between graded acoustic piano and authentic organ action. The keyboard is designed to offer a true organ feel, making it the stage instrument of choice for demanding organ and keyboard players.
- Intuitive Control Surface: The YC73’s control surface is designed to avoid complex menus in favor of easy-access parameters that allow for quick switching and editing. This makes it easy for performers to achieve the sound they want without getting bogged down in complicated settings.
- Lightweight Design: The YC73 is designed for the stage, with a lightweight design that makes it perfect for performers on the road. It also comes complete with a FC3A foot pedal for added expression. Despite its portability, the YC73 is built to last and has been meticulously designed to emulate the unique circuitry and playing feel of popular drawbar controls, providing an authentic performance with high-quality organ and piano modelling for the stage.
Other Key Features
- 73-key digital stage piano with drawbars
- BHS (Balanced Hammer Standard) keyboard with matte black keytops
- Intuitive control surface
- Detailed organ, piano and synthesizer sounds
- Nine drawbars offering haptic feedback
- LED indicators of active instrument setup
- Lightweight design built for live performance
- Complete with FC3A foot pedal for added expression
- Control interface: Number of keys: 73
- Type: Balanced Electric Piano Action
- Tone generating technology: VCM Organ, AWM2, FM
- Number of polyphony (Max.): [VCM Organ + AWM2]:128 *total of VCM Organ and AWM2, [FM]:128
- Number of live set sound: 160 (preset live set sounds:80)
- Number of voices: 145 (organ:6 / keys:139)
- Effects: 32 types
- Insertion effect: organ 1 systems (pre drive) / Key A 2