The Nektar SE49 Controller Keyboard is an affordable, compact and lightweight keyboard with a 49-note velocity-sensitive keybed, providing added expression for recording notes into your DAW or music software. It is designed for budding producers and digital musicians, and features a touch-sensitive keybed and DAW integration, making it perfect for recording live drums, melodies, and more using your favorite music software.
49-Note Velocity-Sensitive Keyboard
The 49-note velocity-sensitive keybed reacts to the velocity of your touch, playing at higher volumes when struck hard and lower volumes when gently hit. This feature provides added expression for music production, allowing you to record melodies and drum patterns with varying volume levels for a professional sound.
DAW & iPad Integration
The Nektar SE49 provides instant integration with a wide range of popular DAWs including Cubase, FL Studio, Logic, Nuendo, Reason, Sonar, Studio One, Bitwig Studio & More. It is also class compliant, meaning the keyboard does not require additional drivers when installing and playing. You can also connect the Nektar SE49 to an iPad using the optional USB camera connection kit (not included), allowing you to use the keyboard with dedicated music apps.
The Nektar SE49 features standard controller keyboard controls such as octave shift buttons and transport shift buttons, as well as a pitch bend and modulation wheel. A single 30mm fader is also included, which is ideal for changing volumes and controlling automation while recording. It also features multi-coloured LED indicators providing the exact status of controls.
Design & Connectivity
The lightweight and compact design features a full-sized keybed, ideal for pianists transitioning between pianos and MIDI keyboards, as well as those training to play keyboard. The simple and ergonomic layout is ideal for beginner and intermediate producers, with its minimal price tag and premium-grade components making it perfect for those starting out. It also features a footswitch (sustain) ¼-in jack input for added expression (pedal not included).
Bitwig Studio 8-Track included
As well as being powered by the integrated USB connection, the keyboard also comes complete with a copy of Bitwig 8-Track. Bitwig 8-Track is a powerful DAW giving you access to over 50 instruments and effects, with up to 8 audio or MIDI project tracks. It also comes complete with the ‘Bitwig Essential Package’, providing a wide range of loops, clips and samples to get you started.
- 49-note velocity-sensitive synth-action keyboard
- 4 velocity curves plus 3 fixed octave shift buttons
- Transpose shift buttons
- Pitch bend and modulation assignable wheels
- DAW integration
- Foot switch (sustain) 1/4 in. jack input (pedal not included)
- USB port for power and communication with computer
- Connects to iPad via optional USB Camera kit (not included)
- One 30 mm fader
- 4 transport buttons (Octave+Transpose buttons)
- Integration files for major DAWs
- OS: Mac OS X 10.7 or higher, Windows Vista, 7 & 8 or higher
- Driver: Class compliant No driver needed for OSX, Windows XP or higher, Linux
- DAW Integration: Mac OS X 10.7 or higher, Windows Vista, 7 & 8 or higher
- Physical Dimensions (WxDxH): 31-5/8 x 7-3/4 x 2-3/4 in.
- Weight: 4.8 lb.