The Arturia BeatStep is a compact and portable pad controller that offers a range of functionality for both studio and live performance. It works as a 16-pad controller for triggering clips in Ableton Live or playing drums, as well as a 16-step analog sequencer for real-time control during performances.
The BeatStep features 16 assignable encoders, 16 pads/buttons, and 16 presets, providing you with a flexible pad controller. The 16 pads are velocity and pressure-sensitive and brightly lit for use in low light situations. The BeatStep integrates seamlessly with external equipment such as a computer, iPad, drum module, or analog synth, making it a versatile and convenient option for producers and performers.
Portable Pad Controller
The BeatStep is ideal for both on stage and in the studio. In sequencer mode, the pads become each step in your sequence and the encoders adjust pitch. The ultra-sensitive pads allow for dynamic performances, and up to 16 sequence patterns can be saved and recalled. The BeatStep can also be used as a general purpose control surface with the pads configured as MIDI CC buttons or assigned to send program and bank change messages.
The BeatStep features USB connection for connecting to a computer or iPad, MIDI port for connecting to a drum module or other MIDI-compatible gear, and CV/gate inputs for connecting to analog synthesizers. It includes a USB cable and MIDI adapter.
Features and Specifications
- 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive pads
- Blacklit LED lighting (red – control mode, blue – SEQ mode)
- Works as pad/knob controller and step-sequencer
- 16 assignable encoders with 2 modes (MIDI CC, NRPN/RPN)
- 16 user presets
- Connect with Ableton Live, Traktor, Serato, or any other DJ/clip playback software
- Control MIDI-compatible gear
- Compact, portable design
- Multiple pad modes
- Send MIDI clock with start/stop, send MMC play and stop messages
- Kensington lock port
- Dimensions: 324 x 127 x 16mm
- Weight: 0.9kg
In The Box
- Arturia Beatstep
- USB cable
- MIDI adaptor