E-RM Polygogo Graphical Stereo Oscillator
The E-RM Polygogo Graphical Stereo Oscillator is a 32HP Eurorack module that provides users with unparalleled control over modulation. Utilizing Polygonal Synthesis developed at E-RM, the Polygogo module offers a range of knob-per-function parameters to shape sound and create unique, high-quality audio.
The Polygogo oscillator features a hybrid design, incorporating a digital processor for precise frequency tracking and stability, as well as classic analog output circuitry to retain a crisp, open sound.
Designed in collaboration with instrument designer Tatsuya Takahashi, the Polygogo utilizes a ‘knob-per-function’ design for ease of use in live environments. Each feature is easily accessible without the need to scroll through menus.
Polygonal synthesis is based on complex two-dimensional amplitude shaping of sine waves, and the Polygogo module offers five separate parameters for users to shape their sound:
- Order: sets the overtones by defining the number of corners on the polygon. This affects the ratio of overtones with respect to the fundamental frequency.
- Teeth: tilts the sides of the polygon out of the normal orientation and can be used to control the loudness of the overtones. This parameter acts as a balance between the fundamental frequency and the overtone spectrum.
- Roll: rotates the object around the center and animates the waves to create spatial movement.
- Operator: modulates the fundamental frequency for FM madness with precise frequency tracking. FM Ratio and FM Amount can be adjusted and quantized to source.
- Fold: overflows the wave to the other side, resulting in a tickling noise at low settings and total distortion at high settings.
- High-contrast OLED display
- 6 long-range sliders with dust covers
- 8 high torque potentiometers
- 11 mini jack connectors for inputs and outputs
- 3 push buttons and LEDs
- Built-in FM operator
- Low-frequency panning modulator
- Analog wave overflow output stage
- 2x high-speed V/oct and exponential FM inputs (24 bit / 96 kHz)
- 6x actively filtered CV inputs (16 bit / 6 kHz)
- Size: 32 HP wide, 26 mm in depth
- Power: 110 mA @ +12 V, 15 mA @ -12 V
- Weight: 266 g
- Product code: ERPogo