The Erica Synths Black VCO2 is an analog powerhouse that offers a wealth of features for adding depth and texture to your Eurorack set-up. This compact module is precise and consistent in operation, with multiple waveform outputs, an octave-down suboscillator, and innovative tonal manipulation capabilities.
Unlike its competitors, the Black VCO2 boasts an integrated transistor-based suboscillator, which produces a defined squarewave, rather than harsh, brittle logic divider-based suboscillators. The module also features a SAW waveshaper and two modulation LFOs for even more tonal manipulation.
Erica Synths has built the Black VCO2 using only the finest components, offering total protection against over-voltage on all inputs and outputs. The module’s sleek, all-black design looks as great as it sounds.
- TUNE knob for precise tuning of the VCO and manipulation of the integrated PWM LFO
- FM LIN/EXP switch for selecting between linear or exponential frequency modulation
- MOD SAW/PWM component for selecting the modulation LFO and manipulating the saw waveshaper and PWM LFOs
- OCTAVE switch for manipulating the VCO up or down three octaves
- FM/PWM CV attenuator for affecting both CVs simultaneously
- PULSE WIDTH knob for manual adjustment of signal width
- 1V/OCT input for tracking perfectly across eight octaves
- FM IN input for vibrato effects or combining two VCOs for FM synthesis
- SAW CV input for modulating the saw waveshaper with LFO if no CV signal is applied
- SYNC input for resetting VCO cycle or creating weird and wonderful tones
- SINE/TRI/SAW/PULSE/SUB VCO outputs for simultaneous use of all waveforms and suboscillator
- Audio Output Amplitude: 10Vptp
- Octave Range: C0 – C8
- Panel Width: 12HP
- Module Depth: 35mm
- Power Consumption: 71mA@+12V, 62mA@-12V
- Power Consumption w. Expander: 102mA@+12V, 87mA@-12V
- Product Code: BLACKVCO-2
With its versatile features and precise performance, the Erica Synths Black VCO2 is an essential module for any Eurorack set-up.