Shakmat Four Bricks Rook: The Ultimate Modular Sequencer
The Shakmat Four Bricks Rook takes rhythmic sequencing to a whole new level, with its intuitive and user-friendly interface packed into a 16 HP module. This Eurorack format module boasts four playable buttons that allow you to punch in up to 32-step performances, and an internal memory of up to 128 tables that can be recalled and recorded over.
The Four Bricks Rook offers a new take on conventional modular sequencing, encouraging you to get hands-on and perform live. With its four Elektron-style buttons and three potentiometers, you can trigger sequences in real-time and create complex and evolving sequences with precision timing. Even non-quantized or off-beat rhythms can be sequenced seamlessly. The three potentiometers, Shift, Table, and Length, serve as the main interface of the module and let you switch through different segments of the sequence, choose different sequences from memory, and set the duration of your sequence.
The Four Bricks Rook’s four performance pads serve a variety of different functions, giving you flexible control over your sequence. In Play mode, the pads become manual triggers, allowing you to record sequences. In Pattern mode, you can load pre-recorded patterns from the internal memory into one of the two volatile buffer memories A or B, or add new triggers to the pattern by switching back to Play mode. Fill mode lets you play back patterns when the corresponding pad is pressed. The mute pad also lets you create glitching rhythms that you can record and play back.
- Up to 32-step sequencer with variable length steps
- Skiff friendly (26mm deep)
- Bi-polar CV inputs from -5V to +5V
- Premium quality metal potentiometers with double rubber injected knobs
- Last state settings saved after shut off
- Adjustable trigger length per track
- Mute Mode to mute certain parts of your sequence
- Shift function to scan through different segments of the sequence
- Default factory tables include pre-programmed beats and special clock divisions
- Quantize each track
- Two playing buffers A and B
- Table mode to read and load stored sequences
- Fill mode to use tables in a dynamic and evolving way
- Random generator for automatic sequence fills or random sequences
- Size: 16 HP
- Depth: 27 mm
- Current Draw: 25 mA @ +12V, 1 mA @ -12V
- CV Inputs: -5 to 5V
- Product code: FOUR-BRICKS
The Shakmat Four Bricks Rook is the ultimate modular sequencer for those looking for hands-on and creative control over their sequences. Try it out and take your rhythmic sequencing to the next level!