The Doepfer A-188-1YV BBD 256 Stages Vintage Ed. is a classic Bucket Brigade Device (BBD) style delay module for Eurorack synthesizers. This module is known for its unique tonal character, pre-dating digital delays, and uses a series of “buckets” for the audio to pass through to create all-analog repeats.
- BBD-style delay module for Eurorack synthesizers
- Unique tonal character pre-dating digital delays
- Capable of delivering effects including flanger, chorus, analog delay, and Karplus
- The voltage-controlled clock rate/delay time
- Polarity switches for the CV inputs
- No integrated anti-aliasing filter
- Product code: A-188-1Yv
Bucket Brigade Device Module
The Doepfer A-188-1YV is based on classic BBD modules. These devices were first used before digital delays and were renowned for their unique tonal characteristics. The BBD circuits work by passing on the voltage to the next module in the chain at each clock pulse, creating the delay effect by bouncing sound into these “buckets” for echoes that decrease in volume. The wide variety of sound design possibilities makes the A-188-1YV ideal for live performances.
Flanger, Chorus, Analog Delay, and Karplus Effects
The A-188-1YV delivers exceptional audio fidelity and performance, ranging from standard delays to flanger, chorus, and Karplus effects. It features a range of unique controls, including voltage-controlled clock/rate delay time, providing an ultra-wide range for unprecedented control. The CV inputs include polarity switches, allowing you to define the effect on the clock frequency.
Versatile Controls and Connectivity
The comprehensive controls give you full control over your input signals. The audio input of the module comes equipped with an attenuator to reduce the input level with precision. Classic-style attenuators are included for controlling manual delay, two CV inputs, feedback level, and mix control. The module also boasts a wide range of connectivity, including two CV inputs for delay in the high-speed VCO (HSVCO) section and clock and CV output for controlling external module gear. The BBD/audio section features two delay ranges, two audio inputs, and a mixed audio output for communication with external modules and gear.
- Highly versatile BBD module
- Ideal for creating vintage-style delays
- Unique controls such as voltage-controlled clock rate/delay time with the ultra-wide range
- Built-in polarity switches for the CV inputs
- High-speed VCO section
- Versatile connectivity for communication with external modules and synth gear
- Comprehensive controls with precision attenuators
- Width: 14HP
- Depth: 60mm
- Module Size: 3U
- Current Draw: 80mA
- Weight: 0.25kg
- Product code: A-188-1Yv
There are no reviews yet.