The Roland TR-08 Rhythm Composer is a powerful drum machine that brings the iconic sound of the TR-808 to the present day in a compact, affordable format. With extreme precision, this drum machine replicates the sound, character, and original user interface of the TR-808, which shaped so many musical styles. Featuring a 16-step sequencer, the TR-08 provides hands-on control over parameters such as tone, tuning, level, decay, and newly added parameters for selected instruments. The TR-08 is a versatile and powerful instrument that puts a legendary sound in your hands, giving you complete control and freedom to explore its unique sound.
Rebirth of a Legend
The TR-08 is based on the revered TR-808 drum machine, which was first released in 1980 and discontinued in 1983. This incredibly powerful drum machine delivers an incredibly precise replica of the original instrument. Featuring all of the same astounding sonic characteristics and quirks of the original, the TR-08 packs an identical reproduction of the 808’s interface with complete authenticity into a scaled-down format. Take control of the authentic knobs, buttons, and switches, and unleash the power one of the most distinctive and unique drum machines in the history of music.
Proprietary Analog Circuit Behavior
Roland’s innovative ACB technology enables the TR-08 to perfectly recreate the sound of the original drum machine by being able to accurately model each analog circuit, right down to the component level. ACB technology faithfully captures the sound and feel of Roland’s classic instruments using the original design specifications. A detailed, part-by-part analysis of the original machines enables Roland to recreate the circuits perfectly to deliver the same incredible sonic characteristics that made the originals great, but in a modern and intelligent format.
Versatile Connection of External Gear
The Roland TR-08 Rhythm Composer is designed to provide simple yet powerful connectivity with its range of multi-purpose outputs. The outputs include a main stereo mini-jack output which can be configured to send the selected instrument to the right channel, while the other instrument’s output can be sent to the left. The USB and MIDI ports allow for syncing and controlling other gear as well as connection with your DAW. Mix input and trigger output can also be reconfigured to route external audio and even drive vintage analog synths, enabling you to harness a broader scope of audio possibilities whilst working with your TR-08.
- Authentic recreation of the drum machine that shaped so many musical styles: The Roland TR-808
- Genuine sonic characteristics, response, and feel of the original
- Replicated user interface that is true to the TR-808’s pioneering style
- Interface design ensures true hands-on control
- Added features for certain instruments, including a Compressor, Pan, Tune control, and Gain control
- 16-step sequencer provides astonishingly detailed pattern programming with 16 sub-steps to provide plenty of options for creative sequencing
- Classic Step and Tap write modes give you plenty of choice and control over your drum sequences
- Vibrant LED display ensures simplistic navigation and precise tempo/shuffle control
- High-quality, rugged construction with a durable and rigid front panel made from metal
- USB audio signals can be split into 10 separate outputs
- Beats can be played whilst switching between the different write modes
- Control external instruments using a versatile dedicated trigger output
- User Memory Pattern, Intro/Fill-In: 16 Bank (12 x 16 Pattern, 4 x 16 Intro/Fill-In)
- Sequencer Steps: 16 Steps with 16 Sub-Steps
- Instruments: BD: Bass Drum, SD: Snare Drum, LC: Low Conga, MC: Mid Conga, HC: Hi Conga, LT: Low Tom,